Strategies Migration Services South Africa (Proprietary) Limited (“we” or “us” or “our“) is a responsible party in respect of your personal information and special personal information (as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013) (“POPIA”).
Types of Personal Information We Collect
The types of personal information that we may collect, process and store include information necessary for our legitimate business interests and the types of personal information specified in POPIA including your first and last name, email address, billing information and information required to deliver our products and/or services to you and/or give effect to a contract entered into between us and you.
When you visit our website found at www.immigrationspecialists.co.za, our web server automatically records the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the website from which you visit us, the pages on our website you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit. This information is aggregate and anonymous data and does not identify you specifically.
How Your Personal Information is Used
We may collect and use your personal information to:
- deliver our products and/or services to you;
- respond to any queries you may have;
- determine and understand your specific customer needs and desires in order to improve our services, products, website and content;
- conduct security, administrative and legal processes and for purposes ancillary thereto;
- process payments when you purchase our products and/or services.
Special Personal Information
In certain circumstances, we may collect certain special personal information (as defined in POPIA), including but not limited to biometric information or information about your criminal offences or convictions. This information is only collected where necessary:
- to deliver our products and/or services to you or to ascertain the suitability of our products and/or services for your specific needs and circumstances;
- to establish, exercise or defend a right or obligation in law; and
- as part of our screening processes relating to your health when accessing our premises, in order to comply with Covid-19 regulations and protocols.
In accordance with POPIA, we have implemented appropriate safeguards to process, maintain and protect special personal information.
We collect personal information and special personal information (as defined in POPIA) about you through CCTV cameras installed at our offices situated at 96 On Fourth Street, Parkmore, Sandton, Johannesburg, 2191 for safety and security reasons.
Our Cookies Policy
On their own, cookies do not contain or reveal any personal information, nor do we set any personally identifiable information in cookies, however, if you choose to provide us with personal information, it can be linked to the anonymous data stored in the cookies. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, however, if you prefer, you may adjust your browser to reject cookies from us or from any other website. Please note that this may prevent you accessing certain areas and features of our website.
Personal Information that is Publicly Available
You agree that personal information made available by you for viewing by others on or through our website, content, social media pages, other websites (“Online Platforms”) or by any other means can be used and stored by others. We may collect the personal information that you disclose, however, we cannot be liable for the use, security, storage or improper use of such personal information you voluntarily post on Online Platforms or otherwise.
We will only send you direct marketing communications and/or materials if you have specifically opted-in to receive these communications and/or materials, or if you are a client of ours. By completing the subscription or contact us form on our website, you agree to receive marketing communications and/or materials from us. You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications and/or materials from us at any time. Should you wish to opt-out, please send your request to email@example.com.
Storage of Personal Information
We will not store your personal information for longer than is necessary, unless it is lawful for us to do so.
Where there are reasonable grounds to believe that your personal information has been accessed or acquired by any unauthorised person, we will timeously inform you and the Information Regulator of such breach and provide you with as much information as we have available in relation thereto in order to allow you to take any necessary protective measures.
We may from time to time need to transfer to and/or store your personal information on servers or in a jurisdiction other than where it was collected (including in Zimbabwe where we have offices) and we hereby notify you that such jurisdiction may not have comparable data protection legislation. To the extent such location does not have substantially similar laws to those of South Africa, which provide for the protection of personal information, we will take reasonably practicable steps, including the imposition of appropriate contractual terms to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
Confidentiality and Disclosure of Information
We will take appropriate measures to ensure your personal information is kept confidential, however you understand that to balance our legitimate business interests and deliver our services to you we may share your personal information with:
- our authorised employees, contractors, service providers, counsel, representatives and/or team members who have a legitimate need to know your personal information;
- government bodies (including but not limited to the Department of Home Affairs) and adjudication bodies and/or authorities;
- regulators, auditors, legal advisors, other professionals and affected parties in order to:
a. obtain professional advice;
b. comply with applicable laws and regulations; and
d. protect the rights of the users of our website, content, products and/or services under our Legal Agreements.
We may share information about users of our website and/or Online Platforms in an anonymous or aggregate form with third parties including advertisers and business partners, to understand customer trends and patterns and manage and improve our business relationships.
Third Party Websites
Access to Information and Data Subject Rights
Subject to the conditions in POPIA, you have the right to:
- know what personal information we collect from you;
- have your personal information permanently deleted or destroyed;
- object to the processing of your personal information at any time, on reasonable grounds (including if the processing is for purposes of direct marketing other than direct marketing by means of unsolicited electronic communications and you have not given your consent thereto);
- correct or update your personal information;
- withdraw consent you have previously given us to process your personal information; and
- lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator if you think your personal information is being used unlawfully
(collectively, “Data Rights”).
To exercise your Data Rights please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protection of Minors
To use and access our website and/or purchase our products and/or services you must be 18 (eighteen) years or older.
We may process personal information of children in the course of providing services to you. In such cases, the processing of personal information is conducted with the consent of the minor’s legal guardian or to comply with an obligation in law. We do not knowingly collect any personal information of children under the age of 18 (eighteen) without such consent or without being legally required to do so.
Last Updated 6 July 2021